The primary purpose for which we collect personal information from you is to provide you with our Services. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our Service Providers.
This Policy applies to all Personal information we receive, disclose, use and store, irrespective of how it was collected.
"Personal Information" is as defined in the Privacy Act 2020.
"Services" are the services offered by Signals NZ, as defined in our terms and conditions
"Service Request" has the meaning given to it in our terms and conditions
"Service Provider" has the meaning given to it in our terms and conditions
"Service Terms" means our terms and conditions which can be found on our website
"Signals" means Signals sent by customers and as defined in our terms and conditions
Personal information we collect
We collect personal information to enable us to provide our Services to you. The types of personal information collected will be names, mobile numbers and email addresses.
How we collect your personal information
Purposes of collection of personal information
- We collect and use personal information to provide our Services to you.
- When you complete a form on our Website and requests services from any Service Provider, we collect your personal information entered and you consent for us to do so.
- You, as a Service Provider, also consent to the use and collection of any personal information we collect in order to provide our Services to you.
- We may also require further information from you which we will collect with your consent.
- We may use your information to measure out performance and analyse trends to determine whether our Services are meeting the needs of our Service Providers. We do this to continually improve our Services to you.
- We may use personal information to detect and prevent fraud;
- We may use personal information to verify your identity or authenticate information provided by you.
How we share your personal information
- We only share your personal information in connection with the original purpose for which it was collected, for a directly related purpose, with your consent, or where we are required by law to share your personal information.
- We may share your personal information with trusted business partners such as charities of your choosing, agents or advisors. We require such recipients to take appropriate measures to protect the information and restrict their use of it.
Some reasons why we would share your personal information with these recipients include:
- Managing the supply of services to you;
- Providing marketing services to you;
- To run promotions;
- Otherwise helping us to use your personal information in accordance with this policy; and
- To comply with legal obligations.
How we store and keep your personal information safe
Personal information that is collected is stored in our secure database.
We usually only keep personal information for as long as it is needed in connection with its original purpose. If it is no longer needed, we delete it or if this is not possible, we anonymise it.
In some circumstances we may need to keep information longer than necessary for a lawful purpose.
Your personal information is locally hosted here in NZ and your data is secured at all times.
Other ways that we secure and protect your personal information
- We recommend that you keep your Signals NZ username or password secure and not disclose these to anyone. Should you disclose you password, username or both to anyone else, Signal NZ will not held liable for any activity which takes on your account.
- We use Microsoft to backup the data that we collect.
Your choices and rights
- Signals NZ will communicate with Service Providers and Customers (by email or phone) about our Services including any business communication such as payment confirmations. We will also send out marketing communications and promotional material by email which Service Providers will consent to when registering with us. Marketing communication will include clear instructions on how you can remove yourself from the mailing list.
- You can disable cookies at any time;
- You can close your Signals NZ online account by contacting us and you can send us an email at this time to delete all personal information we hold about you and we will undertake all reasonable endeavours to do so. If, for any reason, we are unable to delete the information, we will undertake reasonable endeavours to anonymise it;
- You can ask us for access or to correct any personal information we hold about you at any time. There are certain grounds upon which we may refuse access to your personal information as set out in the Privacy Act. We will provide you with access and correct any readily retrievable personal information that we hold on request.
- When requested, Signals NZ will correct and update any personal information that we have on record.
- Please contact us should you require us to correct or update your personal information.
- When you pay by credit or debit card, your details can be saved for future purchases from the Website and to automatically be direct debited to continue your subscription with us. Your credit or debit card details will be encrypted and securely stored by Stripe.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest privacy practices of Signals NZ.
Should you require any further information on the privacy practices of Signals NZ, please contact us.